We are excited to announce that the second episode of our podcast, The Yarra Exchange, featuring Ahmed Fahour is now live. You can listen and subscribe using your preferred podcasting app below.
In this episode, host Mal Maiden sits down with Ahmed Fahour, MD and CEO of Latitude Financial Services, the leading digital payments and finance business in Australia and New Zealand.
In this wide ranging and engaging discussion, recorded in early March 2020, Ahmed and Mal cover:
- Coronavirus, including Ahmed’s past experiences with working through crises and how Latitude has prepared;
- Ahmed’s early life and early career, including the role of Colin Carter and George Pappas as key influencers;
- His move into financial services, including why he moved to Citigroup in New York (and why he came home), the social purpose of banking and what makes Latitude different in today’s financial services landscape;
- Ahmed’s career with Australia Post and how he leading it through its significant business transformation;
- Latitude’s business today, including the importance of credit checks in the Buy Now Pay Later industry, the decision by its owners to pull the planned 2019 IPO, and what happens next; and
- The threat of cyber-attacks.
Hosted by award winning journalist Malcolm Maiden, The Yarra Exchange is a long-form conversation which aims to give listeners access to insights from experts drawn from both inside and outside of Yarra Capital Management. We look forward to bringing you episode 3, featuring renowned investor Katie Hudson, Yarra Capital Management’s Small Caps Portfolio Manager and Head of Australian Equities Research.
We hope you enjoy listening to The Yarra Exchange.